Stone traders are getting ready to wish everyone a very merry Christmas as they plan to turn the town into a giant Advent calendar again.
After the huge success of the last two years with their giant Advent calendar, businesses are repeating the project this year with the theme of carols from around the world.
In the build-up to the festive season 24 shops and organisations have each chosen a different carol and will open their windows on a different day in December – and all the slots have already been filled. It is a community project between businesses, schools and local organisations and has been organised by Christ Church members David and Pam Pott.
David said: “We are absolutely delighted with the response and how quickly everyone has booked up for the Advent calendar this year.”
This year six new shops and businesses are supporting the calendar – Stone Library, Lock Keepers salon, the Dezign Room, Swan Inn, John Burton solicitors and Costa Coffee.
“One thing we are doing differently this year is that we are asking shops and schools to choose someone to open their window,” added David. “It could be a shop’s best customer or a pupil, parent or teacher from a school.”
Children from local schools will help some of the shops decorate their windows and the first to be opened on Saturday 1st December will be Stone Library, helped by pupils from Walton Priory School. Their carol is Joy To The World.
A different shop or business will reveal another window each day until the last one is opened on Monday 24th December at Christ Church. On Christmas Eve a group will tour each of the shops and businesses and sing each of the 24 carols.
The full list is:
- Saturday, December 1: Stone Library and Walton Priory Middle School, Joy To The World
- Sunday, December 2: The Mill and Stone WI, White Christmas
- Monday, December 3: Blue Room and Trinity Skills, Walking In The Air
- Tuesday, December 4: Zeta and St Michael’s First School, Mary’s Boy Child
- Wednesday, December 5: Lock Keeper’s Salon and St Dominic’s First School, Infant Holy, Infant Lowly
- Thursday, December 6: Crazy Daisies and Oak Tree Farm, While Shepherds Watched
- Friday, December 7: Katherine House and Hillbillies, We Three Kings
- Saturday, December 8: Dunoon, Hark The Herald Angels Sing
- Sunday, December 9: Royal Exchange, O Come All Ye Faithful
- Monday, December 10: Baileys, Let It Snow
- Tuesday, December 11: Footsteps shoe shop and Mumbles Day Nursery, In The Bleak Midwinter
- Wednesday, December 12: Yarn Gathering and Christ Church First School, Deck The Halls
- Thursday, December 13: Shear Genius and Oulton First School, I Saw Three Ships
- Friday, December 14: Fleur’s tea room and St Dominic’s Priory, The Angel Gabriel
- Saturday, December 15: Pour Les Pieds, See Amid The Winter’s Snow
- Sunday, December 16: Swan Inn and Stone Town Band, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- Monday, December 17: John Burton solicitors and Pirehill First School, Oh Christmas Tree
- Tuesday, December 18: Radford Gallery and Christ Church Middle School, Le Divin Infant
- Wednesday, December 19: Wikijum and Beaver/Scouts, We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Thursday, December 20: Home and Colour and Alleyne’s High School, Once In Royal David’s City
- Friday, December 21: Hammersleys and Signpost Centre, Do You See What I See?
- Saturday, December 22: Birchill and Watson, The Shepherd’s Pipe Carol
- Sunday, December 23: Costa Coffee, The First Noel
- Monday, December 24: Christ Church, Heaven Invites You To A Party
If you are interested in helping in this year’s Advent Windows please contact David and Pam Pott on 01785 286474 or 07932 790525.