This is the company which has supplied our coffee (& the equipment) for the last 10 years. Andy Stone did the research after he was asked to find a suitable supplier of ‘proper coffee’. The Indigo Valley Coffee Company is a small business which was set up in 2005. This was at a time when the fairtrade/speciality coffee market was just beginning. It is a Christian company based at Burford in the Cotswolds. At the start all the beans were bought from Colombia – in small batches.
Other Points of interest
· Since the company began, the roasting team have won 13 Great Taste Awards.
· Every packet is either fairtrade or Rainforest Alliance certified.
· All the coffee is carbon neutral & the whole business is carbon negative.
· The company supports the Slave Free Alliance.
· It also donates to Compassion, a charity which works to support children & their families in the developing world. (We also support Compassion.) This year Indigo Valley is paying for income funding grants to families in the coffee growing areas of Ethiopia.
Andy Stone still orders our Church coffee. Next time you enjoy your Sunday morning cup, remember it was Andy who did the diligent research ten years ago.
Official Coffee Taster’s note:
We use filter coffee at all of our services and events, decaff too. Why not join us after Sunday Service and see what you think.