Christ Church Parochial Church Council
Conditions for Use of the Christ Church Centre
(If any of the following is unclear, the person booking the facilities at the Christ Church Centre should contact the Booking Secretary)
1. The person booking the facilities at the Centre:
– is responsible, during the time for which the facilities are booked, for supervising all activities on the premises, and for safeguarding the fabric and contents from damage or loss;
– must not use the premises, or allow them to be used by others, for any other purpose than that stated on the booking form;
– must not allow the consumption of alcoholic liquor on the premises without the written permission of the Vicar; if such permission is granted, there must only be modest consumption. Christ Church does not have a license for the sale of alcohol;
– must ensure compliance with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority;
– if serving food, must ensure compliance with all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations; must remove all foodstuffs and associated rubbish from the building before leaving:
– must ensure that any electrical appliances or equipment brought onto the premises and used there is safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner;
– shall indemnify the PCC for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property or its immediate surroundings, or the contents of the buildings, which may occur during the time he/she has booked the facilities; if damage has occurred to inform the Person locking up the building;
– is responsible for letting the Booking Secretary know of any cancellation of a booking as soon as possible in order that the facilities may be made available to others who may have requested use of them;
– is responsible for letting the Booking Secretary know if the facilities are not needed at the last minute, if vacated earlier than planned must inform the person who opened up the center, see list of emergency contact numbers situated in the foyer;
– on leaving the Centre, is responsible for leaving the premises and their immediate surroundings clean and tidy, for replacing any furniture or equipment in the place where it was on arrival, for checking that all appliances and lights are switched off, that windows and doors are closed. The Centre must be vacated by 11.00 pm at the latest.
– Please ensure that pins, drawing pins , paper clips, pieces of wire, short sticks or any items which could be harmful to young children, are picked up from the floor or furniture
2. Guide Dogs and Hearing Dogs are the only animals to be permitted in the centre.
3. No smoking on the premises.
4. Christ Church Parochial Church Council:
– has the right to refuse a booking of the Centre if Council members have doubts as to the suitability or appropriateness of the event for which a booking is sought being held on church property;
– can cancel a booking if it clashes with a Church Service or function or if the Centre is required for use as a Polling Station. At least two weeks notice of cancellation will be given.
5. Emergency Contact Numbers
See list situated in the foyer.