The Church of England has issued the following guidance at 1.30 pm today (17th March)
In light of the Government guidance around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended until further notice.
As a result of this statement please note the following actions for the churches in our Benefice:
- You can access previous services through Listen Again Go to menu select Church life and then Listen Again.
- We are hopefully going to provide an act of worship on line in lieu of the Sunday service, this may in the form of a live stream via Facebook/You Tube or as a recorded service.
- For Pastoral Care please contact the vicar who in liaison with the Pastoral Care Groups will endeavour to provide support and stay in touch.
- National Day of Prayer is called for on Sunday 22nd March (Mothering Sunday) please take part in any way you can from home.
- As a new initiative we will be piloting a virtual children’s club in for the benefit of children in these unsettling times.
Paul Kingman (vicar)